Friday, February 11, 2011

The Difference Between Boys and Girls

Emma stays with my friend Shanna when I go to work, and loves to play with her son who is also 4. Everyone calls him Jake, with the exception of Emma who prefers, Jacob. They have a great time playing and dancing, and get along really well.

Every few weeks, Em gets into a dilema about who she is going to marry. Jacob is usually at the forefront of the list but Brogan, and Xander (who wiggles his eyebrows at her at school), and Dawson and Dylan always make the cut too. After we whittle away the obvious choices, like her brothers, there is much debate as to who will win her heart. I have told her that she doesn't have to decide such weighty matters until she is at least 5, but for some reason my opinion doesn't matter.

Today while we were in the car, she announced that yesterday she told Jacob a secret, which was, "Jacob, you don't even know what love is."  She was really put out when she was telling me, and I couldn't help but laugh. When I asked her what his reply was, she rolled her eyes and said, "Emma, you stink."

I am glad at least one of them is not thinking about marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment