Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mmmm, Cheesecake...


We spent all of today trying to put some finishing touches on the house and when we got home at 7:00, I still had a bunch of things to do, and I was covered in construction dust. Hannah's birthday is tomorrow, so I was planning to bake her a cheesecake, but I still needed to throw something together for dinner, and finish up the wash. Thankfully, my SIL and her family were out of town for the weekend, so I broke into her house to do all my laundry. Technically, I didn't "break in" because I know the code. Just as a side note, if you don't want me in your house when you are not there, don't tell me the code, and certainly don't make it easy for me to guess what it might be, because I will make myself at home.

After dinner, my beloved Daveskins offered to go change the laundry. I gathered up the rest of the dirty clothes and made all the kids strip down and get in the shower. I then striped down and left the pile for him to take to the "laundromat." The laundry issues around our house have bordered on neurotic for the last month. That being said, I refused to put any clean clothes on until I had showered, and began constructing my cheesecake, buck naked. (There is no euphemism there, it is what it is.)

Dave called me about 15 minutes later and said, "There aren't even enough clothes to start a load." That is when I walked into our laundry room and saw all the dirty clothes we had just taken off, laying there in a pile. I asked him, "Why the bleepity bleep do you think I got naked to make the cheesecake?" Several seconds of silence went by and I could tell he was deciding how sarcastic to make his answer, and then he just started laughing. He said he would just strip down and put his dirty clothes in the washer, and come home.....

Instantly I had a vision of our very small town being all the buzz over Dave cruising around naked, and perhaps at the very same time driving past my house and seeing me naked in our kitchen, with the egg beaters in one hand and spatters of cheesecake covering my torso. I don't really give a crap what the neighbors think, but part of me thought Dave might be arrested for that kind of stunt.

Just as I was bending over to put the cheesecake in the oven, I heard Dave laugh, and his camera phone click. He had put on some clean clothes, from the dryer, for the trip home, and was standing there smirking.

Naked baking was a new experience for me, and although I was faced with a few uncomfortable challenges like, do I lick cheesecake batter off my own stomach? The cheesecake turned out great, and everyone enjoyed it. I also finished 6 big loads of laundry, for free, in my SIL's awesome, state-of-the-art laundromat, and neither Dave nor I was arrested for exhibitionism. It was a successful evening.

8 comments:

  1. Lins,
    Holy crap you are one of a kind. I won't have that image out of my head for a few hours, and I'm sure next time I see you it will pop right back in! That's awesome, I'm glad the cheesecake was delicious. Next time bring some of that naked cheesecake business to work eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey,
    I love your stories!

    I have some info on Co-Ed Softball if you are still interested in putting a team together. email me coopntan@allwest.net and I will get it sent to you have a great day. ~Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of the funniest stories ever! Thanks for giving me an insight into the real Broadbent home! You are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that cheesecake, for the record, was amazing. Maybe i'll start making my mac n cheese naked and it will taste THAT much better. Love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to tell you...again...please write a book--or at least get this printed into a book. You are hilarious! I have slacked at blog stocking for months now, but I always have to check yours (even if I check none else) just for the humor! Tanya's sister even told me to read this one!!!

    PS I also really adore the kiddo story at the top...I would kidnap your children if I didn't know how much you love them...

    ReplyDelete