Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dyl-isms

Dylan is really cracking me up lately. He does what he wants, when he wants, and not really concerned with privilege removals of any sort. On Saturday morning, I called home from work to see what the Fam was up too, and Dylan answered the phone.

Dylan- "Please leave a message."

Me- "Dylan?"

Dylan- "Please leave a message."

Me- "You little shit."

Dylan--.......mass giggling, and then I hear him whisper to Dawson, "I just said, Leave a message." and more hysterics from both boys.

When I asked him later, what his plan was after someone left a message was, he said, "I just hang up on them."

Dave and the kids ended up in Salt Lake, Saturday afternoon, and pulled into the ambulance bay at the hospital, to say hi to me. I was able to get off a little early and joined the gang for a little shopping. Since I had my own car, Dyl, volunteered to keep me company on the way home. He loves to sing these color songs that he has learned in Kindergarten, and after he had rattled off a rainbow medley, he said, "I have a funny song." I told him I would love to hear it, and the old familiar tune of, "There's a place in France......" came out in perfect melody. He missed a verse though, and I told him how, "the boys don't care, cause they don't wear underwear." I then told him that when I was younger, I would be in big trouble if my parents heard that song, and the same would go for him.

On Sunday, Dave took the Hoodlums down to Gram's for dinner and when I got home from work, he told me how the kids had sang her a bunch of songs that they knew. He said that when the repertoire of church songs came to an end, Dyl volunteered that he knew a song, and let loose on Gram about the ladies in France and their underpants. It's a good thing she doesn't hear very well.

When the Boyz got home from school today, we all sat up to the counter for a snack and homework. Dylan had to use the bathroom, and as Daws and I were catching up, we hear Dylan grunting as loud as he can, and saying "Push! Push! Push!" like he is in labor. Dawson and I started to crack up, and when I leaned my head around the corner to see what was going on, Dyl had the door wide open. He looked up and just gave me a matter-of-fact nod, and said, "Wuz up?"

Dyl is currently in one of his eating frenzies. He usually goes months with us begging him to eat, only picking at his food, and maybe eating a few bites. Then he will have this two week interval where he eats all day long. Last year when this started, I was afraid he was maybe diabetic, or had tape worm, or something freaky, so I took him to the pediatrician and when they measured him and compared it to his well child check from 4 weeks earlier, he was a full inch and three quarters taller. We decided that growing almost 2 inches in one month was the reason he was eating so much. Anyway, I haven't bought him new pajamas in a year because they still fit him, they are just getting shorter. Poor little bean pole. I wish he would just sleep in his undies like the rest of the us, but he loves his jammies, or whats left of them.

3 comments:

  1. Where would Dyl get the genes to be a bean pole I wonder... Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are so funny! I love to read what new has happened at your house because it always gives me a good laugh! Your kids are adorable and say the cutest things:)

    ReplyDelete