Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy Birf-day E.B.

Emma is three today. She is a funny, spunky, sweet little thing. We all adore her and she holds an especially sweet place in each of her brother's hearts. She wanted to go to the houseboat at Lake Powell for her birthday, but regrettably the big day falls in January, so the Boyz pumped her full of alternative ideas.

We ended up at Jungle Jim's, which is always fun, and by fun, I mean dirty and sticky. They do offer tiny toilets though, and a sweet glimpse of what the State Fair folks do for entertainment during the winter. I love air brushed t-shirts, gold chains, and high hair, and certainly got my fill, while jockeying the kids in line for the bumper cars. Often times during our visit, I had the feeling that a switch blade may be pulled on me, for inadvertently butting in line, or spending too much time on the air hockey table, but Dave reassured me that whilst a switchblade would be the weapon of choice, it would probably have a comb, instead of an actual blade on the end.





She was really torn over which cake to choose. It was Diego all the way, til I actually started to order at the bakery. She loves Diego and plans to marry him, but his cake was orange and blue. At the last minute she blurted out, "I want a Princess cake." so that's what we went with. I could tell she felt a little guilty for betraying Diego, so I had a good, firm talk about making our own decisions, and how if it was meant to be with Diego, a little shortening and lard wouldn't come between them, and left the whole animation dynamic for another day.

We love this girl!

1 comment:

  1. "what the State Fair folks do for entertainment during the winter" seriously, where do you come up with this stuff, you kill me with laughter!

    ReplyDelete