Monday, June 14, 2010

How Much Wood?

We saw a dead woodchuck/beaver/rockchuck thing smashed to the road the other day, and being the clever mother that I am, introduced the Hoodlums to tongue twisters. I spit out the Woodchuck Tale, and Sally Seashell to the Boyz, and they thought it was a great time.

Tonight, Dave and I were folding the mountain of clean laundry at the foot of our bed, when we heard Dyl come laughing down the stairs. His laugh always gets me, because it's a very high pitched giggle, and it is usually uncontrollable. He stumbled into our room, and was barely able to verbalize the new twister that he and Dawson had come up with.

The first time around, all I picked up on, was the word, "pooh," before he dissolved into giggles. Dave and I both set in with the warning eyebrows, when he blurted out, "How much pooh, could a kangaroo chew, if a kangaroo could chew pooh." We lost it. We laughed so hard, and lost all credibility, but what can I say? As Twisters go, that's pretty damn good.

1 comment: