Sunday, June 6, 2010

Smith & Morehouse

Today we decided to venture up the canyon. It was crazy to see the Weber River overflowing on both sides of the road. The water looks really mad, as Dawson would say, and incredibly dangerous. I don't think I have ever seen it overflowing the banks, and it is quite a sight to behold.

We took a picnic up to Smith & Morehouse and attracted some unwanted insects. At one point a dinosaur-sized wasp started buzzing around my head, and I mentioned very calmly to the kids to observe the correct way to handle a bee. You know, if you don't bother it........ Well, Dave decided to help, and I felt that he was trying to trap the bee in my ear, (although he tells it differently) so I started screaming bloody murder and thrashing around like a maniac. I was successful in scaring the bee, and scarring the Hoodlums. Lesson learned.

We had a great afternoon catching frogs, pretend fishing, and hiking around. We finished off the day with a pine cone fight, which I believe the Hoodlums won.


No comments:

Post a Comment