Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Diz-ay

Dave taped over my precious Bachelor Pad with some stupid hunting shows tonight, and I realized it only a whole hour and fifteen minutes into my smut,so alas I thought I would turn some much needed attention to the Blah-guh.

Basically,we did a lot of outdoor crap this summer, I took a million pictures, my Gram got sick, Dyl got sick, my Gram died, and now I fill every waking minute with mindless tasks, so as not to be alone with my thoughts.

I wish I could write something special about Gram, but I feel really protective of the relationship I had with her. She and I, we had a "thing." Now that she is gone, I  have an enormous amount of free time these days, that feels like a big, black, painful void. I feel it every Sunday afternoon, my days off, any time I grocery shop, or pass a Walgreens,  and every night that I walk through the parking garage and realize I have no kindred spirit to call on my way home from work, to spill the day's dirty details to. Dave's a charmer for sure, but kinda squeamish, and not really inappropriately impressed by stupid human tricks.

Man.

I can do it. One of these days......

Lake Powell is coming up, and that is always healing.

1 comment:

  1. I got to spend a fair amount of time with your Gran for the few months before she passed. She was always so sweet. Every night at 10 she took a Zocor and a sleeping pill, and everytime I asked her if she was ready to get OOB she said "You bet!" I'm sure she didn't really mean it half the time, but she was so cheerful. We were so happy to see her go home, and then when they brought her back days later and she just wasn't herself we were all so sad. Then when I head she had passed I knew it was a good thing. Death is not the worst thing that can happen to people. She was finally free from the limitations that were so frustrating to her. Luckily she only had to deal with them for a short time. I've always liked the name Beth.

    ReplyDelete