Sunday, December 23, 2007

My First Baby Girl





The last half of my pregnancy with Emma was spent in a panic attack, when I found out she was actually a girl. I had about a thousand ultrasounds before my official ultrasound at 20 weeks. 6 different residents had confirmed this was going to be my third boy which I was ecstatic about. I have never yearned for a girl due to several reasons, namely, I am not very good at emotional stuff, and being sympathetic, and girlie stuff. Plus, one day when I was a smartass teenager, my mom cursed me with having a daughter just like me one day, so that I would know what I was doing to her.

Anyway, when she finally arrived, one look at her and I was just smitten. I have had a great time dressing her and buying tons of pink stuff and bows. She finally has enough hair to put into a couple of vertical pigtails. It looks so ridiculous, that it is adorable. She has been so fun and the best behaved baby I have ever encountered.

As a side note, my mom confirms that, that is how I was in the beginning too.

No comments:

Post a Comment