Saturday, December 22, 2007

We took the kids to the pool tonight. It was a long day due to the artic weather and the excessive pre-Christmas adrenaline, so when Dave came home and said let's go get nachos, I almost got weepy. However, while he was in the shower, he hollered to me that we ought to go swimming instead. Swimming? Freak, what would I rather do- get into a swimsuit, or go get nachos, and add to the reason I don't want to get into a swimsuit. Hmm... We ended up at the pool, mostly because I am an unselfish, wonderful, awesome, mother, and because I knew it would wear the little hoodlums out. We had a great time. I am glad that all the kids love the water. Emma likes to climb out of the pool and sit on the edge and then fall over into the pool. I am sure if she could walk she would be doing cannonballs. It is so funny to see her eyes wide open under the water. She comes up sputtering, but laughing, which is good. The boys, including Dave were trying to come down the waterslide as fast as they could. Dave took Dawson's life jacket off so that he could reach maximum speed, and he ended up going pretty fast. He was pumped. None of them reached the speed or force which I attained when I was 9 months pregnant with Emma. I remember feeling like I was going to go out the sides of the slide and then when I came shooting out the bottom of the slide I hit the pool floor with such force I thought I cracked my pelvis, and the cement. After the pool we went to Timber Creek for dinner. It was so freaking cold, my hair froze in the 5 minutes it took to get there, and when we got home, the life jackets were frozen solid. It was a good time though, and the kids fell into bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment