Friday, June 20, 2008

"Some Things We Lost In the Move"





There are absolutely no rentals in Oakley, so we were dang excited to fall into a 5 bedroom house about 5 blocks from where we are building. Upon first glance it seemed perfect, because it has two upstairs bedrooms, to separate the boys, and the master and Emma's bedroom are far away from each other. After having moved in however, we are longing for our old house. A few things we really didn't think about. No A/C. What the crap? It is so effing hot in this house, I think it is changing my personality. The boys rooms are especially hot, and when Dawson called down to me last night and said "Mom, it's to hot to sleep." I replied, "Just a few more degrees, and you will be unconscious." Dave is working hard on a solution.
Now we sit outside on our front porch like elderly people, and cuss the traffic and talk about the good old days when we had A/C and a fenced yard. Our rental is right on the main road and there is a new Diner being built across the street. Dave and I love to sit outside and make fun of anyone that passes by. It makes us feel better.
The kids' are excited about the tree house in the back yard. It is pretty small, but they love to hide in it. Yesterday when Dave came walking down the street from work, the boys had a whole story I was supposed to tell him. It went something like this. "The boy's were so terrible today, that I sold them to a stranger, and now I wish I had them back, because there is a bear in the tree, and I wish they would save me." Then they started growling and shaking the branches, we really fooled him. Emma likes the tree house for the rope. She just likes to chew on it, I don't know what flavor it is, but she likes it.

1 comment:

  1. There's the entertainment I've been looking for. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete