Friday, July 4, 2008

Fourth of July




Today was a fun day. The boys' rode on Dylan's preschool float, and I couldn't tell if Dylan had fun because he looked pretty somber the whole time. He said that he had a good time, but both boys were mad that they had not figured out that if you are on a float, you are not collecting candy. Fortunately, Emma collected plenty for all of them. Unfortunately, she took one bite out of every piece.
After the parade we went to a bbq at my bro-in-law's house, and the kids' played long and hard. Emma went around begging Mountain Dew from anyone that would give her some. She is a junk addict like Dylan, and her mother.
Tonight we went to the rodeo. I dread the rodeo every year, but my family likes it, so I endure to the end. This year it wasn't to bad. They didn't drag it out like they usually do, and the clown wasn't long winded. I did still sob like a baby when the rodeo princesses came in with the flag, and again at the barrel races. There is just something about horses running fast, that makes me cry. I thought the night was going to get really interesting when two Oakley Rodeo Queens made their way in front of us, dragging huge fur and leather purses that I can only assume were made out of their last horse, and sat down in the extra seats we had. With their fat hair and enormous cowboy hats, none of the kids could see. Deann, my sis-in-law, gave them the what for. The one queeny turned around and gave her a fake painted on smile, and said sorry in the most obnoxious titmouse voice. Now this is the kind of altercation I love. I was giving her another 30 seconds to move before the rhinestones went flying, but Deann held her ground and they moved. I was very proud of her. The fireworks were spectacular, and I am very grateful for my freedom.

1 comment:

  1. Well it's about time you updated missy. Love every single one of your posts. You are seriously the coolest mom ever and I wish i could just hang out with you b/c you crack me up. Hopefully you get some A.C. soon. I don't have it in my car and I've felt the unconsciousness coming on too.

    ReplyDelete