Thursday, July 3, 2008

Talk Dirty To Me

Tonight we went to the Poison concert. I trashed up my make-up, and picked at my black manicure in preparation, but I still looked like a phony groupie. I just haven't lived the hard life that gives most of the true groupies their authentic look. We went for Pho' before the concert, and were bummed out, when we pulled up to our favorite Viet place and it was closed for construction. We found some, clear out in West Valley that did the job though. When we got to the concert, Dokken was just finishing up. We had to climb over 4 enormous, drunk women who kept threatening to flash everyone, which was funny. The lead singer of Dokken, had a strategically placed fan that blew his hair back, straight out of the 80's videos, but the bassist had the perfectly tight permed, loonnggg, head banging hair, and it was beautiful. Several times we got mesmerized by the cascading perm. The music was good at the concert, but did not compare to the people watching. In between Dokken and Poison, they just played various hair rock, and their were these two guys with blow up guitars in one hand, and beers in the other. They were playing guitar and singing up and down the aisles. It was hilarious, especially when the smaller of the two guys decided to straddle the handrail in his leather pants and try to play his blow up guitar while sliding down the handrail. I guess the handrail was not as slick as he thought, as his junk got caught and he took an endo down the stairs. He came up smiling though, and kept right on strumming. We had a great time chanting "Highway to Hell" with everyone, and I would have to say, after Every Rose Has It's Thorn, (written for a stripper that broke Bret Michaels heart) my favorite song was Talk Dirty to Me.

2 comments:

  1. oh geez...you are so lucky. I would've died to go to that concert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no words.
    Laughed my butt off reading this one. I would pay to see a picture of you guys.

    ReplyDelete