Monday, July 7, 2008

New Bikes !!




Finally the day has arrived, and the prophecy has been fulfilled. If you earn them, they will come..... So, about 6 months ago, I started talking to my Daveskins about getting the boys new bikes. They had both outgrown their little bikes, and they seemed dangerously rickety. My idea was to pack everyone up in the car and head out right then to buy new bikes. Dave, however, wanted to make them earn the bikes.(He is soooo responsible, total turn on.) Anyhow, we ended up making them a chore chart with about 80 boxes. and over the last several months they were able to fill them in. Dawson was especially diligent about doing his chores, and was very helpful. Dyl, is more like me in the chore department, and will go to great lengths to avoid helping, i.e dish belly ache, sudden vision loss, and that type of thing. The last part of their bike deal was that they had to sell their other bikes at our moving sale over the 4th. Dawson struck a hard bargain with one of the cousins, when he told him that he had to have 20 bucks. He was a little disappointed when he came over and I had already sold it for $5. Dylan rummaged through my bro-in-law's garage and found a truck and trailer that he wanted, and ended up trading his bike to Kent for the treasure. About 5 minutes later, he came back to Kent and wanted to trade back, since the trailer hitch had broken off the truck, but a deal is a deal.
Today we headed down to Toys R Us, and each boy carefully examined the bikes and their amenities. Everyone came home pleased with their purchase, and with themselves for earning it. Emma didn't do jack for the last six months, but we still bought her a bike. Her dad is going to be in big trouble when she really gets around to batting those eyelashes.

3 comments:

  1. I was so surprised to get a message from you. How crazy! I have never really looked at who was on Annie's list. Especially since everyone has diffrent last names now, but I should remember yours. I heard Broadbent a lot at SVC! Cute Family! I haven't really gotten to look at your blog because my kids are awake and want to go to the park. I'll put you on my friend list so we can keep in touch! Are you still in Utah? We will be there in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they have any idea how lucky they are to have you guys for parents?
    Just wanted to let you know that the Heber skatepark at Southfield Park officially opened today. The ribbon cutting opening will be Monday @ 6pm. Maybe your boys will get some use out of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are moving to the provo area. Jay is going to finish his last 2 years of his bachelor's at BYU. Then we have his masters. So we will be in school for awhile. Thanks for offering to help. I might need it, but I am really hoping we get this house. I should know at the latest Tuesday. Where are you guys? Weren't you in Heber or something like that?

    ReplyDelete