Monday, January 5, 2009

Car Conversations

Dawson stayed home from school today, because he has a sore throat and fever. I had to run into our new house to look at some stuff with Dave, so I left the kids in the car for a few minutes and when I came out, Dylan said, "Mom, I know how to spell, Ironman."
They have really taken an interest in how to spell superheros, so I said, "Alright, let's hear."
"P-O-O-P." he said, incredibly proud of himself.
"Uh, no." I looked in the rear view mirror and Dawson was staring out the window trying his hardest not to lose it. He started to laugh, when Dylan said, "You're wrong again Daws." He obviously isn't feeling sick enough.

We then headed up the road to the library, and had this conversation:

Dawson- "How old is Grandpa Randy?"
Me- "Like 56ish."
Dawson- " How old is Nana?"
Me- "She is the same age."
Dawson- " So they are pretty close to 100, and they aren't even dead yet? Good for them."

No comments:

Post a Comment