Thursday, April 1, 2010

Diggin' In The Desert

Thursday, Gran-pa Ranny helped to fulfill Dylan's only vacation desire to "dig in the desert." Dylan was hoping to find treasure that some thieves had buried and Gran-pa Ranny had heard of a man at the swimming pool that sold treasure maps. (Sometimes he has no stranger boundaries.) We found the strange man with the thick accent, and he sold the treasure map to the Boyz for a buck.

We headed out towards Blue Diamond to do a little hiking and scavenging. It was a beautiful day and we followed the map that Hannah had unwillingly surrendered her eyeliner to create. There were also blood stains on the map, which came from an unknown source, but knowing my Dad, and his desire for authenticity, I just encouraged the Hoodlums to wash their hands after handling it.

We had a great time hiking up the trail, and at one point my 44oz-er caught up with me so I slipped into the bushes to water the desert shrubs. It wasn't long before my Mom and Sister, who also have no boundaries, were crashing through the bush with their cameras. I had barely stepped back onto the trail, tipped my hat to a guy walking his dogs and caught up with the Fam, when the Boyz found the first "X".

Luckily my Dad had brought some kitchen utensils and a strainer from the hotel for the excavation. The Hoodlums dug to their hearts content and picked up quite a haul in gold coins and other change. We hiked around and took some pictures and enjoyed the sun, the wild burrows and the scenery. It was a great day.

This is the Mysterious Man With the Map

Blood Stains, Burns and X Marks the Spot.

At the trail head, trying to figure out the map with Gran-pa Ranny and Dad.








My Family. We were just missing Jordan, and wished he and Hope were there with us.

1 comment:

  1. Lins-I LOVED your posts about your trip! So love hearing about all my beloved Daybells. Thanks for sharing, makes me homesick for you all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete