Sunday, April 18, 2010

Obsess Much?

Dyl is being a freak about his cantaloupe. We are using it as a threat, as a reward, and as a funny party trick. The poor kid is obsessed, and I have to cut him off after a cantaloupe per day. I am glad he likes this healthy fruit, but without much starch, I am afraid he will buy himself some serious diarrhea.

I knew we had a problem, when Dave limited his intake in one sitting, to half a melon, and he started twitching and drawled, "Are you trying to ruin my life?" It's ugly. We may need professional help, and unfortunately I find myself in the role of enabler, as yesterday he talked me into buying 3 melons at once. He said, "Let's start with 6." I said, "Um, no. We will start with 3." He smiled and started loading them up. What a sucker I am. I have never bought 3 cantaloupes in one shopping trip that wasn't for an extended Powell trip.

He takes his cantaloupe very seriously, and concentrates on getting ever last bit of his ration.

He has a freak out when it's all gone, and I am laughing and trying to capture his "life being ruined."

No comments:

Post a Comment