Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I've Got A Good Gig

This morning Emma reminded me what an awesome life I have, as I stumbled out to the kitchen to distribute the morning vittles. I was recovering from a work hangover and still bleary-eyed and emotional, from Gram's stroke on Monday, when she noticed me with the fridge open and said, "I wish I was a Mom, gettin' her kids some yogurt." It kinda snapped me back into reality.

I told her how lucky I was, to be a Mom gettin' my kids some yogurt, and if she played her cards right, studied hard in school, minded her parents and didn't watch to much Dora, she too, could be padding around her kitchen in sweats, with mascara smeared to her cheekbones, and surrounded by sweet little things, to shower her with love and wisdom.

1 comment:

  1. Some times we forget that it is a blessing and not a curse to be mom. Hope everything is OK w/ your Grandma.

    ReplyDelete