Sunday, March 28, 2010

Vegas Continued....Day Deuce.

Can I just say how marvelous it is to wake up to sunshine? Sunday morning we woke up and decided it was time to hit the dollar store for pool toys. When we came a couple of years ago, the kids each got some blow-up, ride-on animals to play with in the pool and they remembered.

Right after Dyl gorged himself on more cantaloupe at the breakfast buffet, (my total pounds gained during this trip, 2.6.) and Dawson had eaten a sickening amount of various pork products, I gave Daveskins directions to the dollar store. "It's either this exit, or the next one." I don't really know how much more specific I could get, but after driving for 45 minutes, and practically tearing out his own retinas with the continuous eye rolls, he used the GPS on his phone and an electronic woman told us that in 12 miles we would be in dollar store heaven.

What she didn't tell us, was that we would have to go through Little Asia, where Dave spotted an 'Adult Toys Mega Outlet' and suggested we leave the kids in the car with my Dad, and run on in. Um, no. What kind of girl does he think I am. What a tightwad, I am clearly a full price Adult Toy type, (without being high maintenance). What it boiled down to, was a rue to make my Dad highly uncomfortable, and Dave wanted a blow-up doll for his pool float-y. Did I mention we were in the car, for about 90 minutes.

Finally the robotic woman said we had reached our destination, and we found ourselves directly in front of a tiny, 99 Hacienda something or other. I volunteered to do a quick walk through to see if the merchandise fit our needs, but secretly hoped to be kidnapped by Mexican drug lords, so as not to have to spend any more time in the car. Alas, the store was only filled with wedding cake toppers, doggie outfits, golf clubs, and radios. I made it through without so much as a look up from the clerk.

By the time we made our way back to the freeway, the Boyz were bawling in the back about not wanting floaties anymore, and "couldn't we please just go to the pool. Wah, wah, bawl, bawl." Right before our hotel, we spotted a 7-11 off the side of the road, and Dave went in and asked directions. I'll be damned, it was right where I had told him 2 hours and three countries ago. We hoped right over the exit and and blew a wad on cheap pool crap, and everyone was happy.


Sleeper hold works way better than Benadryl.


Aunt Mall and Em

Daws was nice enough to loan me his sunglasses when I had forgotten mine. Batman Rules!

Emma and Gran-pa Ranny had a great time perfecting her dive, and when she got it just right, she was diving over his head.



My Mom, and baby bro Will, didn't fly in until this afternoon, and by the time they arrived we were all starving. Jeff and Mall knew of a great Mexican place, so we headed out towards their new house to get some grub. I ordered last, and when I picked up my plate at the counter, I needed a back brace to lift the plate. I swear there was some instant chemistry between myself and Roberto when I placed the order, like he could sense the special reverence I hold for any form of Mexican food, and he rewarded me with the biggest chimi I have ever laid eyes on.


I am usually not one to share, but Dawson helped me polish it off, and treated us to a, "Mmmm." with each bite.
My Baby Brother Will. He is very tiny and weak, as you can see. He has a scholarship to BYU next year, and I can't wait to have him closer, and the kids won't be too sad either!
5 More Days Of Sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment