Thursday, May 27, 2010

Here Is Some Garbage, Go Roll Your Brother Around In It.

I don't know how yard work goes down in other families, but at our house it goes a little something like this.

Dave: We need to finish the weed paper/shrubs/landscaping today.
Me: *eye roll, deep sigh, grunt* What if we hired someone to do it, and could just hang out today?
Dave: Because we are poor.
Me: !@#&!, I hate being poor.

I was actually a great help today, and Dave even mentioned he got a good 8 hours more than he anticipated from me. There were some moments were he found me curled into the fetal position on the lawn, but he just located my Diet Coke, and nursed me back into motivation.

The wind blew all day long, and was incredibly miserable. Dyl and Em, kept coming up to where we were working and asking, if it was lunch time yet, if they could go inside, if we were ever going to be done; and I had to wonder, if I could possibly sound that irritating whilst whining to Dave. Clearly not. My voice just isn't as grating as theirs.

In all his grand wisdom and patience though, Dave spotted some garbage, and told them to go roll each other around in the field for awhile. It worked well, and we were able to finish a lot of our flower beds. We must have worked ourselves into a delirium, and made the decision to build a waterfall out of the leftover boulders from our house. There goes another Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment