Sunday, April 3, 2011

Picky Boy Scouts



Since Dyl's Diabetes stuff last July, our family has gone through a complete change in eating habits. Dyl's glucose levels haven't had any spikes since then, I have dropped 65 pounds, Dawson and Emma have adjusted really well, and Dave................. is miserable.

He is an incredible example to the kids, puts on a happy face, and eats whatever whole food, high fiber, low sugar, healthy stuff that I make, but every once in a while, I get little reminders of how hard this is for him, and how much he misses his old life. See above.

This particular ploy may have worked, if when I heard the announcement for the scout drive, I hadn't turned right to him and expressed my relief in what to do with all our "white" food, Chef Boyardee, and other unhealthy pantry items, leftover from our pre-health issue life. (yes, I was planning on giving our unhealthy food to the poor. Judge me if you will.)

He will thank me one day when he is a hundred and ten, and still kicking.

2 comments:

  1. 65 lbs?? Holy hanna girl,way to go! Share that eating plan with me! And I'm sorry about Dyl, I didn't know that has to be hard. Take care Lins, love you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome...seriously awesome! I would love to chat about recipes your kids like. Jonny and I eat high fiber, low sugar, blah blah, but my kids STRUGGLE!!!

    ReplyDelete