Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kindergarten Baby, Stick Your Head In Gravy.........




Emma is really going to miss her bro's.


Dylan's first day of Kindergarten! I think we may be in a downward spiral, or maybe it's Ground Hog Day and no one told me. We were awake and eating breakfast in plenty of time to make the bus this morning, and had planned to walk, since it was such nice weather. Somewhere, between the day dream of myself, and the three Chitlins, strolling peacefully up to the bus stop, and me, deciding 3 minutes was the perfect amount of time to experiment with cutting bangs, we missed the bus. Again.

Although, I figured the bus was long gone, it was no less of an ordeal to get out of the door. Dawson spent 15 minutes yelling at me, from the bathroom, about how I made him eat too many eggs, and finally made it out to the car, shoeless, and with a yogurt-crusted eyebrow. Dave had gotten all territorial on me, with his p.j. bottoms, so I compensated by swiping a twin sheet from the laundry basket, and wrapped it toga-style around my undies. It would have been fine, seeing as though I only have a few neighbors, and the drive is two short blocks to the bus stop. I don't know why I didn't remember the guys in my front yard, pouring cement for the drive-way, but at least my bangs looked good.

We raced up the street and stalked the bus until I was certain, Daws could sprint to the door without the bus pulling away. For good measure, I leaned on the horn for the last half block, so the driver would know we were coming. Good morning everyone! Slowly, I am starting to realize, that I might be, THAT, neighbor.

With another successful school send-off, I prepped Dyl and Emma for a Wal-Mart trip. I only needed a baby gift and I had approximately 2 hours to have Dyl back in time to catch his bus. We did it! Shizz, dang, heck, if I didn't up my bus percentage to a 50% success rate, and it was totally worth it, to watch Dylie board his first bus for Kindergarten.

This afternoon, I ventured up the street to retrieve my little scholars, and waited anxiously for report on Dyl's first day of school. That boy does not do anything fast. He mosey'd off the bus and slowly made his way across the street to where I was bouncing up and down. Finally, I had to say, "Soooooo?" He blinked his ridiculously long eye lashes and drawled, "Well.......They gave me a ginger snap for snack time." Al-righty then. I managed to get a few more details from him on the way home, and was able to deduce, that he did, indeed, have a fun day. I am really going to miss him.

Tonight, Dawson ended his prayers with a plea for help in making it to the bus on time tomorrow. I am all for Divine Intervention at this point, especially if I happen to start tweezing my brows at 8:12 or get lost in the crossword, on the back of the Fruity Pebbles. At least I will have someone else to share the blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment