Sunday, August 16, 2009

Toof er The Money....


Daveskins and I decided to wear the kids out tonight by playing some b-ball on our new court. We don't have grass yet...........or a yard, but Dave, I mean, OUR FAMILY, has a sweet basketball court. I am not being a smart ass, Hon, just documenting for future purposes.

Anyway, we let them stay up a little later than usual, so by the time we weren't having as much fun,(Code For: everyone bawling) I headed in the house to hose down and pajamatize Emma, and Dave stayed outside to help the Boys pick up the balls. About the time the sliding glass door had closed behind me, I heard a particularly loud howling, coming from Daws. I figured Dylan had bounced his ball off Dawson's head or something along that line, and ignored it, thinking that Dave would take care of it. I heard Dave through the garage, telling him, "your fine, quit bawling and get picked up." (Excessive sympathy, in our house is usually reserved for true accidents, and active bleeding injuries only.)

Two minutes later, Dave and the boys, came bursting through the back door in a blur of blood and teeth and tears. Dawson had actually bounced the basketball off his own face and knocked out his upper tooth. We gave him a drink of water and when it didn't hurt his tooth hole, (technical term) I deemed him, fine. Dave and I made the appropriate jokes about not dribbling the basketball with his teeth, and Daws made out with 2 bucks from the Tooth Fairy the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment