Friday, September 11, 2009

I Went To College Once.

It seems like a million years ago, but in reality, it was only a decade ago. Well a decade and a couple of years.......Anyway, I was super psyched to lunch with some of my, I'm gonna say ol' without the "d", college roommates from Southern Virginia today. I met Tina and Krystal, and their chitlins, at the Mickey D's in Happy Valley. It was so fun to see them and, if I closed my eyes really tight and blocked out the veritable screams of the copious amount of sticky kids running amok, I could almost picture us lounging on my bed, watching a continuous reel of 'Girls Just Want To Have Fun', (which was an OLD movie back then) or crammed into the team van, on our way to a softball game.

Both girls were on the softball team with me, and we talked about all the fun that we had, and of course they remembered the fight I started when an opposing team dissed one of my teammates. I am really no stranger to a good fight, but it was disappointing for my parents when they came out the next week to watch me play, and I was benched. Any-who, I really enjoyed seeing them and I had some really great flash-backs. Thanks girls.

We stopped by the Pizza Factory to snuggle Hannah for a second before heading up the canyon, and she gave the kids suckers, and me, a delicious cinnamon stick. We were really hurrying to get home before the Daws-man got off the bus, so I was bummed to see traffic lined up at the entrance of the canyon. It was one of those, two lanes that have to merge into one, kind of deals, which always bring out the moron drivers. As we were creeping along, one of the aforementioned morons came speeding up along side us. Being the courteous driver that I am, I allowed one car to get in front of me and then stayed right on his bumper. The idiot next to me started waving and screaming about me letting him in too. I declined, and that is when he just rammed into the side of me. It was all in slow motion, but there he was scraping alongside of me in his black Honda. I rolled down my window, and un-politely asked the AYE-hole what he was up to, and mentioned that I was now involving the Fuzz. He didn't take to kindly to that and darted diagonally in front of me and slammed on his brakes. I slammed on mine, and stopped a few inches from him. I jumped out of the Tahoe and scurried around to take pics of his license plate.

Long story short, the Fuzz agreed with me,(first time ever) and cited the poor bastard for aggressive and improper lane change. We exchanged insurance info for the enormous scrape down my passenger side, and Dyl and Emma hardly even took their eyes of the Letter Factory they were watching, for the long ride home. I did notice that he had two screaming babies and a wife that looked pretty mad. What. A. Douche.

When I got home, Dave scooped us all up in a big hug, and then buffed out most of the damage to the car with his sweat shirt sleeve. What a man. He was extra sweet the whole night and only made one comment about his cajones being in my purse, when I whipped out the chick flick I had picked up for movie night. Seriously, the last 10 movies we have seen, have involved machine gun fire, and/or childhood superheros. Spare me.

After watching Inkheart with the kids, and sending them off to bed. We sat through He's Just Not That Into You, which was pretty lame, even by chick flick standards, although it did open up some interesting dialogue between us. I casually mentioned between tooth paste spits, all the terrible things I would do to Daveskins, and his mistress, should he ever cheat on me. He was down, as long as I never stop giving it up, or being fun. Since we are both in the throes of an upper respiratory virus, I offered to let him do his nightly nasal sprays off of my abs, in a kind of head-cold themed body shot. He declined, but I think we're pretty solid for now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I can't believe that happened to you on the way home. That totally sucks! Sorry! It was fun seeing you again, and talking about old times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, the Honda dude, unbelievable! And it's time to give up Pedro's for good, lins. We did that years ago and never looked back. One word for you...Tarahumara! Love it!

    ReplyDelete