Tuesday, September 15, 2009

An Open Letter To Ricardo Jr.

Dear Junior,

I have given you some of the best years of my life. In the last 12 years, you have been there for me, and with me, to celebrate my happiest times and accomplishments, to pick me up from my deepest disappointments, and usually every other Wednesday. I celebrated with you every time I got knocked up, when I passed my nursing boards, if I was pissed at Daveskins, if I was happy with Daveskins, if I was tired, if I had burned dinner, if Dave was trying to get some, lots of birthdays, anniversaries, President's day, and even if I was on a diet. Damn you, Ricardo Jr., damn you all to hell. Now it is all gone, and for what? So you can frolic in North Dakota with your special, delicious, salsa recipe to keep you warm? North Dakota blows like the bitter cold place you have left in my heart and bowels, and now I am left here with only the Loco Lizard for my rebound Mexican, and 12 years of memories. Shame on you.

XOXOXOX,
You Know Who

P.S. I would take you back in a heartbeat, or at least the salsa recipe.

I didn't get anything fixed for dinner last night, because I was totally.......busy.........during..... alright, I had a two and a half hour nap, but it was awesome. So by the time Daveskins got home, the boys' homework was mostly done, and I had them primed to bug Dave for Don Pedro's third strike. Sometime in the last two months, we have had two terrible experiences with my favorite Mexican place, and a noticeable absence of our beloved waiter, Ricardo Jr. It has been very difficult for me, and that's what I have attributed my increased napping too.

I was ready to write off the whole Don Pedro family on our last experience, after falling victim to a true, small bowel obstruction. (For which I did not go to the ER! Contrary to popular belief, some things can resolve at home without the help of narcotics.) Anyway, after almost 5 days without a poop, I took matters into my own hands and downed 3 fiber bars, a carton of fresh cherries, fiber yogurt and a half gallon of water, with, you guessed it, added fiber. I did it right before bed, which made for a very long night, for both of us, but in the morning, I was cured. Holla!

Yesterday Dave was down with giving the Don, one last chance, so we loaded up the Hoodlums and headed to the city. The mood was very tense as they brought us the chips and salsa. It didn't help to have a raging lightening storm brewing outside, and no Ricardo in sight, but I could tell as soon as they placed the salsa in front of me, we were doomed. It was not the real stuff, although we managed to put away four bowls of it. We steered clear of our usual snot-chos, and went back to our roots with our old favorite dishes. The Boys got a fajita salad to split, so weird. I don't know if they are trying to set a good example for us, or if they just like healthy crap, but whatever.

The evening turned out to be not a total bummer. Our food was pretty good and everyone but Daveskins, came away unscathed. We had F.H.E. on the way home with a good lesson on being nice to everyone, which was interrupted briefly when Dave noticed several large puddles on the side of the road. We circled the block multiple times to drive through the water and laugh hysterically. The kids tired of the activity long before me and Dave, but they aren't in charge. Eventually we made it home, content with our mostly successful dinner and a great F.H.E.. I don't know why we didn't think of buckling the Hoodlums into car seats for every Family Home Evening, so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment