Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"diet coke and a pizza please, diet coke I'm on my knees"



What a day! We are all just getting over the 16 hour poop and puke, and are starting to get our second wind. I have been listening to a lot of Mika lately, and the boys have really gotten into the song, 'Big Girls- (you are beautiful)' they don't really get that "big", means fat, they think that they are "big" boys, so it just means grown up. So about every 30 seconds today they kept saying "Hey Big Girl, you are beautiful" to me. Each time they said it, the pronunciation changed, the emphasis on the syllables was different, and I didn't get a wink every time, but it was still majorly irritating. I laughed it off until the afternoon, but then I told them to knock it off. That, in kidspeak, actually means I want you to relentlessly say that over and over. It finally ended when I threatened to take away their bikes, and fed them some AquaDots. (just kidding, I wouldn't take away their bikes.)
We went for a walk this afternoon and saw Dave coming down the road. Every time he comes home the boys hide from him, and he makes a game out of finding them. They started to panic when they saw his truck and had nowhere to hide, but finally dove into the ditch. It was pretty cute. It was nice to get out in the fresh air, that is one reason I love living here.

No comments:

Post a Comment