Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Skate Park






At the end of the summer Dawson asked to have his training wheels taken off, because his friend didn't have them anymore. I told him that he probably needed to practice a little bit more, but before I could say to much, off he went on his friends 2 wheeler. Dave took his training wheels off that night, which prompted a melt down from Dylan, because he wanted his off too. I told him no way, that he needed to practice for a few more years. Well, he whined and bawled so much we took the training wheels off to teach him a lesson. After a few trips around the block, he also was riding like a pro. What do I know, I am just the mother. Well, last month we decided to go to the skate park to ride around the top area for a change of pace. I had just gone down into the bowls to get out of the wind with Emma, when I heard "Hey mom, watch this!" I turned around just in time to see Dawson come down eight stairs on his bike. In one hour at the skate park the boys had mastered the stairs, and were dropping down into 10 foot bowls . Their little legs couldn't keep up with the speed of the pedals, so they just stuck them out to the side. They beg to go to the skate park now, so I make sure their helmets fit right and our insurance premiums are paid up.

No comments:

Post a Comment