Tuesday, May 13, 2008






This morning we were struggling to get out the house on time. Dawson was supposed to go to school dressed as the occupation he is aspiring to be. I was at a loss on what Monster Truck Drivers' wore, so then he decided to be a cowboy. He went as cowboy as we get, Levis, a t-shirt, a rope, and flip flops. When we got in the car, he told me that he chose a cowboy, because he wanted to spend a lot of time with his family, and they only work on the Fourth of July. I hated to tell him that they work a lot more, it's just his mother can only stand to sit through one rodeo a year.
Dylan had school pictures this morning so it was an all out war trying to get him dressed. Usually I don't care what he wears, I am just glad he is able to dress himself, but for pictures I wanted Dyl to look nice. He absolutely hates wearing jeans, but I forced him into a pair. Unfortunately, he had not worn them in so long, every pair he owns, is 2 inches short. We pulled it off though, he looked very metro in his capris, and button down shirt.

We spent the rest of the afternoon, playing in the back yard. The boys are getting pretty dang good on their skateboards. Dylan especially surprises me because he is almost the same size as Dawson, and I sometimes forget he is only 3.

2 comments:

  1. I sure am getting ready for softball! Are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monster truck driver, cowboy, skater...what more could you ask for?
    Love the little ramp. I need one of those. Every Summer I claim that it is my year to learn to "drop in," yet every Summer it never gets done. Maybe if I buy a ramp like that, I could actually make it happen?

    ReplyDelete