Sunday, September 28, 2008

30

I'm no longer technically, "in my twenties." Whatever.
At this point, a birthday for me is really just a great excuse to have a weekend getaway with my love. A few things I learned this weekend about being 30.

At 30, even without kids, and with black-out curtains, I still can't sleep in longer than 9.

Little kids can sit and laugh and jump in the massaging chairs at RC Willey without any repercussions. However, if you are 30 and 32, and you spend 40 minutes laughing and moaning in the massage chairs, they will threaten to call the police.

At 30, I can afford a nice hotel.

Even though you might have turned 30, if some stupid girls stand in an open parking spot, to save for their friend's car, at the movies, you can still place your chewing gum under their driver's door handle with the same satisfaction that came in your twenties.


At 30, I am able to appreciate where I am in life. I am so grateful for the funny, super hot guy I am married to, and the great friend, lover, and husband he is to me. I am so smitten with each of my children, and proud of their individual personalities. I love my job, and my friends, and feel very lucky to "have it all," at the ripe young age of 30.

4 comments:

  1. Funny, when I turned 30, I wish I would have thought about all this, I just thought another year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-Day!
    30, flirty & thriving.
    Gum under the door handle...perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Lins. Thanks for paving the way.

    ReplyDelete