Saturday, September 6, 2008

Nightmare on Girl Street



For pretty much Emma's whole first year, I was walking on clouds. I had never had such an easy, sweet tempered baby, who was sleeping through the nights, the first week. She is still an exceptional sleeper, and adapts well to change, but someone has unleashed the attitude in my sweet baby.At her well child check-up, I explained to the Doctor, that our house is completely run by a toddler. It is like we are all walking on egg shells around her. If I tell her "no" about something, she just scrunches up her face, and has a perfect, "I do what I want" look. She can completely hold her own with her big brothers. The other day, we went to lunch and she was constantly after my Diet Coke. She was squawking, and making a huge scene, so I just ordered her own damn Diet Coke. Dave and I just exchanged looks and said that we never would have done that with the boys, we would have taken turns bouncing them outside. We are both aware that we are in a lot of trouble. Maybe it is because she is a girl, maybe it is because she is our last, maybe it's because she is mostly Broadbent.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Lins-Take it from me, Mom of 4 girls, you are in trouble. I would like to tell you it would get better but the attitude only gets bigger with age! I have a 4 year old going on 20 and a 13 year old that is just over it all and too cool for words! I love them all but admit to a few days screaming in to my pillow wondering how I would last. Love ya! Fer

    ReplyDelete
  2. mostly Broadbent....that's a good one Lins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking exaclty what Camille was thinking....I was thinking totally you all over! What a cute picture of her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you ordered her her own damn diet coke!! I can feel you exasperation. Aren't little girls great.

    ReplyDelete