Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mountain Church





Last night Dave and I hit the adult session of Stake Conference, after a delicious prime rib dinner. Initially, we wanted to go to a movie, but neither of us dared to be the one to say out loud, "Let's just go to a movie instead."
After dinner we pulled around to the back parking lot and changed into our church clothes, where I discovered that my skirt did not hide my sweet new tattoo, (I have developed a temporary tattoo addiction, that is getting more severe, the closer I get to 30.) We ended up having an enjoyable time at conference, which I attribute to not having kids with me, and also having a hilarious husband.

This morning I dared to speak the words, "Let's skip church and go for a ride in the mountains." I figured we wouldn't get anything out of church, since Stake Conference is always packed, and my chitlins tend to be a tad wild in church.
We had an incredible time in the mountains. We hiked around for awhile, and came across what I thought was a pipe bomb, hidden in the trees, but upon closer inspection, it was a Geo Cache. Even though we found it without a GPS, we still wrote our names on the roster. It was a beautiful day, and we had a great time with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment