Monday, April 20, 2009

All I Wanna Know Is.....

Dave left yesterday for a week in Allentown, PA on "bidnis." A week without my love is going to be super difficult, but yesterday, I made a list of all the things that I will be able to accomplish, without being distracted by my hunka hunka burnin' love. Not to say that he is a distraction, but I would rather be lounging on the couch with him at the end of the day, than being independently productive.

My list is quite long, including, but not limited to, watching General Conference on the DVR, (instead of arguing with Dave over who's turn it is to delete it, 3 months down the road to make room for all my smut t.v.), organizing and unpacking some boxes, getting my stupid work "portfolio" together for our annual evaluations, and lastly, but certainly not leastly, updating my itunes.

Dave left yesterday morning about 7:30, and I am proud to say that I accomplished several things. I made it to church. I made it to church, on time, Mormon Standard Time, that is.., and I lasted all three meetings. It was a good start to the day.

After church, I fed the kids, and put Emma down for a nap. The weather was freaking delish, so the boys and I headed outside to soak up some Vitamin D. I spied various trampoline paraphernalia lying about the yard, and decided I didn't need Dave's enormous muscles and manly know-how to put the thing together. The boys and I hauled all the parts to the middle of the field, and in 3 hours, had it all put together. One great thing about not having any close neighbors, is that I can swear up a blue streak on a Sunday afternoon, without so much as a "tsk tsk" from anyone older than six.

Emma woke up from her nap and she wrestled with the boys for a couple of hours on the tramp. She is a little brute, and I had to keep putting her in time out for being to rough on the boys.

Tonight they fell into bed, and didn't even give me the nightly protest about it still being light outside. I felt giddy with the prospect of a full night to myself, and wandered around the house for an hour doing a few miscellaneous tasks, and then plopped down on my bed. When we moved in, we got a promotion for HBO, and I DVR'd several movies. I flipped through about four chick flicks, and watched the first 10 minutes of each before deleting them. It was getting dark, so I popped a couple of Benadryl, in case I had trouble sleeping and went upstairs to watch some t.v.

I got a sweet karaoke machine for Christmas, which has been completely neglected since arriving and the other day, Dave unpacked it and set it up so that my performance shows up on the t.v.... I mean really, who wouldn't want to see 56'' of me destroying Alice In Chains?

It started out a little sheepish, I eeked out some Dido, and then got a little braver with my Heart cd. By about 9:30 I was rocking out. I pulled the front of my t-shirt up and inside out to make a sexy bandeau top, and because I was working up a damn sweat. By 10:30, I was getting little hoarse, but still going strong. At Midnight, I had choreographed and perfected, a kick-ass routine to Sexy Can I. Then, despite being damp with perspiration and sporting a wicked smoker voice, I put on a performance to rival Britney,(pre-psychotic break.)

Everything was going well until I decided to improvise my routine. I don't know if it was the Benadryl kicking in, but I should have known that, socks, a hardwood floor, and a 30 year old woman attempting the splits for the first time in a decade is not a good equation. I was never good in physics, but I should know that a gal like me, who holds onto her baby weight, like a bear getting ready for a long freezing winter, is not going to have much control when those socks get sliding.

My pelvis hit the floor so hard I thought I might continue right through into the garage. I rolled over, clutching my legs to my chest and writhed around like some poor sucker recovering from a punch to his junk.

Eventually I dragged myself into Dylan's bottom bunk and stayed there for the rest of the night. Tonight, I think I will probably just watch Conference, put a bag of frozen peas on my groin, and hope my injury isn't permanent.

7 comments:

  1. LMAO!! Oh my goodness seriously I wish I lived in Heber....or semi close enough to have witnessed and been a part of the karaoke night! You seriously rock and I would of given anything to see the singing and dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lins~
    I love that post!! You always could make me laugh, you just made my day!! I would love to see you when I come in to town. I'll give you a call. I'm assuming you still have your same number and regardless of how long its been since we worked together I for some reason still have it memorized. I'll call you when we are up there. I hope all goes well til Dave gets home and until then be safe! Let the nurse come out in you when all else fails!! Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stop laughing about this one...splits...what the hell were you thinking?! :-) Fantastic. This makes me wish I were still working with you, although I'd be boycotting the hell out of this white shirt idea....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ma Lins, I need to remember NOT to read your posts at work while I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes and pees in my pants from laughing so hard. You are a kick Lins. Holy freakin crap. Kareoke next Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. After just having a baby my baldder tone isn't so good, I may wet myself. thanks for a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love your stories. Thanks for a great laugh! We still want to come and see your new house! Let me know when a few of us can come and meet you for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have paid money to see it all. Your life is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete