Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Obligatory Easter Outfit Post

Our Easter morning was a little hurried so that I could return my mom and little brother Will, and Isa to the airport. The kids hunted for eggs and found a good stash of candy and trinkets. They ignored their Easter outfits, and went straight for the candy. The good thing about knowing the Easter bunny is that you can tell him to only bring the kind of candy that you like, pretty much any combination of peanut butter and chocolate. The bad thing about knowing the Easter Bunny is when you go 1 for 3 on flip flop sizes. Dawson's were the only ones that were even close to his size. Oh, well, I am glad the Rabbit gave us the receipts.





I felt a little bad letting the kids eat a bunch of chocolate for breakfast, and then leaving them with Dave so I could make the 2 hour trip to the airport. All was well when I returned, until I tried to get a picture of us all cleaned up for church. I'm blaming it on the sugar.







After a wonderful Sunday nap. We broke out the kites, that the Easter Bunny left. It was a picture perfect moment with the kites floating in the warm breeze and soft children's laughter, and then the boys had to put their spin on it. Each boy would take turns holding onto the kite's string, and trying to dive bomb the kite into the
other boy or Emma. Then they would try to bomb the kite with rocks. I had to stop Dave from going to get his paintball gun and adding to the fun. I didn't know kites could be so fun and dangerous, but I should have known.





No comments:

Post a Comment