Thursday, October 22, 2009

Don't Throw Shizz on the Roof!

I was playing football with the Hoodlums this afternoon, but had to come inside, after getting overwhelmed with their nagging.

"Don't throw it so hard at my chest/face/back, Mom!"
"It's two hand touch, not tackle, Mooo-uuummm!"
"Your victory dance is too long and totally inappropriate Mother!"

Wah! I couldn't take the whining, or the cold, so I came in and started doing some stuff in the office. 30 minutes of peace and quiet passed before all 3 Hoodlums slinked into the doorway of the office looking very guilty.

Dawson was the first to speak. "Mom, could you get the football off the roof for us."

Seriously, they probably only waited until the sliding glass door made contact with the frame before deciding they needed to do something naughty. A specific act that we talk about not doing all the time. DON'T THROW SHIZZ ON THE ROOF.

So I said, "Sorry your outta luck. I am not going to climb out on the roof."

Then Dyl pipes in, "Well, would you at least get Dawson's shoes down?" Ah, the old, throw-the-shoes-on-the-roof-to-knock-down-the-football-trick.

"Nope."

Dawson layed the final straw, "Ummmmm.... You might want to get your shoes down." and they were gone.

They magically reappeared behind me, as I removed the screen from Dylan's window, to egg me on. The giggling started as I straddled the window, and made my way out onto the roof. It only increased as they threw out helpful suggestions, like don't fall off the roof and be careful, ha ha ha.

I was careful, while retrieving the shoes, and then brought the giggles to a stand still, as I picked up the football and carefully punted it as far as I could into the horse pasture. They were gone in a flash and I had another good 8 uninterrupted minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment