Friday, October 23, 2009

That Makes Sense.....

I was just the proud-ist Mutha when Dawson came home yesterday with a note from the Principal. The note was to inform his parents, that he was indeed a winner in some Tree Conservation artwork contest. Nice. I made a big deal about it, gave him a low five, high five, and a couple of chest bumps, and that was that.

The prize for winning the contest, involved all the winners from each class, helping to plant a tree today. Dawson thought that was lame, since they were planting it in the middle of the football field. (Sometimes he gets the facts mixed up. Who knows where they were actually planting it.)

Anywho, as I snuggled up to Daveskins last night, we were gloating about our artistic child prodigy, and he asked me if Dawson had told me what he had drawn. Nope.

His winning entry in the Tree Conservation contest, was a self-portrait of Dawson sitting in the top of a tree, with a chainsaw, trying to cut it down. That makes sense. If I was trying to spread the message of conserving trees, I would definitely choose the picture that included a chainsaw.

I will add the artwork to this post, as soon as it is taken off the Winner's Wall, outside the Principal's office.

When Dawson came home today, I asked him how the tree planting went....

"It was dumb. I wish I had never drawn such a great picture, so they had to pick me as a winner."

Hmm. He gets the humility from his Dad, and the artistic skillz from Moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment