Saturday, October 17, 2009

I have been looking forward to today for many years. Today was the day, that Dave deemed the Boyz, old enough to go on the Deer Hunt. Not being a fan of hunting, by any stretch of the imagination, I can however, celebrate the fact that Dave can spend some good time with the Hoodlums, making memories. Grandpa Fred spent the night with us as well, and the all the Boyz were looking forward to hanging with him.

The menfolk departed early this morning, which was fine by me. I was looking forward to sleeping in, and figured Em wouldn't stir until 8, without the boys doing their usual headlocks and Indian leg wrestles outside her door. I was wrong. At quarter after seven, she started hollering down to me. For some reason, ever since she made the transition to a regular bed, she won't get out of it, without an invitation. I hollered back to her, to come down and get in bed with me. She did so, and brought both her stuffed moose, and several blankets. I turned some cartoons on for her and reshuffled myself to get a little more shut-eye.

I was sleeping good, until I rolled over and came nose to tail with her filthy, disgusting moose. The smell alone made me want to get up and shower, and the damn thing just barely came out of the washer. I made her put the moose under the blanket and snuggled up close to her. Emma really knows how to cuddle. I got so comfortable, that I was able to drift off again, and only regained consciousness when she did a pile driver into my unprotected abdomen.

I was up for good then, and we made a plan with Shanna Hannah, for a day of girl fun. We headed to Provo, and went for mani/pedis. Emma was hysterical, and stayed perfectly still while the girl painted her nails bright pink with a little flower accent. Later we wandered the mall, and I bought several presents for my little spoiled Sweetums, including some hideous light up, gold, princess pumps. It was a great day.

I might not have splurged on the gold pumps if I didn't think she would be able to skate board in them.





The Boyz had a grand ole' time with their Dad and Grandpa, and we missed them terribly.






No comments:

Post a Comment