Friday, December 18, 2009

Trouble Maker

Dawson burst into the house after school, with the canary look plastered to his face.

"Dylan has to go to the Principal's office tomorrow!"

Dyl came wandering in behind him, all shifty-eyed, with his head hung low. I asked him what happened, and in his unique little drawl, informed me that he had thrown a snowball at the bus.

Dawson was hopping up and down nearby, just dying to tell his version of the story, but I gave him the look and asked Dyl, why he had thrown a snowball at the bus.

"Aak-shu-wah-ly, (Actually. Is my very favorite Dyl word.) I was trying to throw it, O-VER, the bus and I missed."

That's when Daws chimed in with, " Then a second grade teacher saw him and said what's your name kid, and I said that's my brother, and she said well you tell your Mother that he is going to the Principal's office tomorrow, and I said, I will."

I asked Dyl if it was an accident, and he concurred. I asked him if he was remorseful. He said, "Kinda." I told him to tell the Principal that same story tomorrow and he should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment