Sunday, March 2, 2008

Chicago




Hannah had a big hair show in Chicago this weekend, so my mom and I decided to meet there and have a girls' weekend. We had a great time. Thursday night I met my mom in the airport and we took a taxi to our hotel. When we pulled up at the hotel, my mom put her hand on the back of the front seat, through the plexiglass, and then asked the driver if she should put the money through the ashtray. She didn't realize that her hand was through the plexiglass already. We laughed so hard, and could tell we really stuck out.
Friday, we roamed around the city and went down to the Navy Pier to explore. It was freaking freezing, but fun. We stopped into Bubba Gumps for some shrimp, and not long after we were seated, Debra Messing and her family sat down right behind us. Hannah and I had my mom pretend to take a picture of us, and had her focus on the movie star instead.(see Hannah's facebook) Later we went to the movies, and saw 'The Other Bolelyn Girl', it was a terrible story(based on truth), but great acting.
Saturday we went to lunch at Joe's. It was the fanciest meal I have ever had. We originally were just going to hit the Red Lobster, but it was closed down, so we told the cabbie we wanted crab, and he took us to Joe's. We had a fabulously gay waiter who gave us the low down on Wicked!, which we saw on Saturday night. It was a great show, and I immediately downloaded the soundtrack to my ipod. We hit another movie after lunch, 'Juno', which would have to be in my top 5 movies.
It was a great weekend, and I had a wonderful time hanging out with my mom and sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment