Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Today was a much better day. Emma is giving me some breathing room, and the boys only had a few time outs. They are trying to earn some swimming goggles to wear to the pool. Dave bought some at Costco, but the boys have to earn enough money to buy them from us. They are just hanging up on our bulletin board for encouragement. The boys can earn $1 a day if they don't argue to much and do some chores. Dave bought them about 2 weeks ago and so far, Dawson has $3 and Dylan has $2. They have to earn $5 each in order to get them. They might be to small for them by the time they get the full amount. Anyway, we had a pretty good day. Dawson had a good day at preschool, and Dylan and I played some football and watched a few more home videos. We picked up Dawson from school and he told us a story about his friend Colby, showing him his chicken pox. I guess we will see if the vaccine works.
We were downstairs playing dinosaurs when we heard the garage door open. The boys both jumped up and ran around crazy, looking for a hiding spot from Dave. Dawson wanted me to tell Dave that, "the boys were so terrible, I threw away their goggles, and gave them to a stranger danger." They love to tease us.
Tonight after Emma was in bed, Dawson and I played Sequence for Kids, while Dave helped Dylan with his homework. Dawson is very competitive, and loves to beat me at games. I love to tease him, and on our first game I only needed one more animal to win, so when I drew a card, I made a big show of smiling and saying "Yes! the one I needed." Dawson went into full blown panic mode and dropped his cards, and folded his arms, and proceeded to pray for me to lose. "Dear Heavenly Father, thanks for this day, please bless my mom will lose....." when he ended his prayer, I told him Heavenly Father can't even help you now, and then I beat him 2 more times. I feel a little bad though, maybe tomorrow I will let him win.

3 comments:

  1. Yea, you found us! I can see that I am going to LOVE your blog...you are cracking me up. What goes around comes around, didn't your parents always tell you that your children would be just like you!?! or worse! Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you....it has been fun to become part of the blogger world and catch up with everyone! Email me at youngka@uvsc.edu so I can invite you to my blog! It's fun to see what everyone is up to! (Katie DiStefano)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm glad you found me, and I love reading your stories, very entertaining! Blogging is so much easier to keep in touch, so thanks! We need our own girlfriend reunion sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete