Monday, March 3, 2008

Family Home Evening




My kids, subconsciously or not, have really made me pay for being gone all weekend. Emma won't let me put her down, and she had to be included in my shower this morning. She was really persistent and kept banging on the shower door until I let her come in. She kept putting her hand under the water and then rubbing my head, like she was trying to wash my hair. She was also really cuddly and kept burying her face in my neck. I think she missed me, and I missed her terribly. The boys seem to be arguing more frequently, and it is driving me crazy. They argue over everything, and continuously tease each other. I would take some credit for having them so close together, if I hadn't been on birth control. I hope it is just a phase. I can be so mad at them, and then out of the blue they are really sweet again.
My work-out this morning was especially harsh, after having skipped 3 days, and I could totally smell all the drawn butter I consumed this weekend, in my sweat. Despite being butter, it wasn't a good smell.
The afternoon was long and painful, with many arguments and back talk. I kept telling the boys we were going to have to cancel Family Home Evening if they didn't knock it off. By 7:30 when we sat down for F.H.E, Dave and I were both on edge. Dawson chose the song 'Families Can Be Together Forever' and I almost cried thinking about being in this current phase indefinitely. We had the boys pick a story out of the hat- Esau and Jacob, which totally fits personality wise with the boys. Anyway, Dave gave a short little story, and tried to explain the moral of it, when Dawson said, "look, I am making an A out of my leg and arm."
I started to snicker a little bit, and Dave said "what is the last thing I just said?"
Dawson thought for a minute and said " the next person that gets off of the couch is going to bed?"
Then I laughed out loud, and Dylan started to laugh. David asked him what was so funny and then asked him the same question. Dylan thought for a minute and said "the next person that gets off the couch is going to bed?"
Now I was really laughing, and I couldn't remember the last thing that he said either. We finished up Family Night with some home videos. It made me sad to think this phase of our life might ever come to an end. I love my sweet and rowdy little boys, and my precious baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment