Monday, August 25, 2008

Kindergarten



Last night was one of the longest nights I have ever had. Dawson started Kindergarten today and it was a strange experience for me. I have had a serious gut ache for the last 3 days, worrying about him going to school. I know it is ridiculous, and that he will be fine, but I still can't help the anxiety. This morning he was so excited and pumped to be going on the bus, and I was dry heaving as I helped him put on his backpack. I went over all the rules I could think of, and he was totally annoyed with me. "I KNOW, MOM!" He did come back and give me a big hug, before he boarded the Loser Cruiser, and yelled to me, "love ya, bye!"
After Dawson was gone, Dyl kept saying, "what do you think Daws is doing now?" Dylan is going to miss him.
We went to the skate park for awhile this morning, and Dylan was a wild man. He was really being a daredevil. We brought Emma's little Dora Rider, and she dragged it to the top of the ramp and pushed it down. That only pacified her one time. The next time she dragged it up, she boarded her little scooter and went flying down the ramp. It scared the crap out of both of us, but a few minutes later she did it again. By the time we were ready to leave, she was riding it backwards down the ramp. Dylan and I were just watching her and laughing.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you have one going off to kindergarten! We are getting old!

    Where are you building your house...it looks like you will have some beautiful views!

    ReplyDelete