Friday, August 29, 2008

Sweet Little Dyl

Dylan is always trying to get me to give him "junk." He loves sugar, and soda, and is always bartering with me. This morning was no exception, so when I pulled into the Chevron to get a Diet Coke, this little exchange occurred:
Dyl, "I'll have a diet coke."
Me, laughing, "yeah right."
Dyl,"well, you shouldn't have sugar either."
Me, "Diet Coke doesn't have sugar."
Dyl, "Well, when I'm an a-dolt, I will buy me a Diet Coke and not you."
Me,"That's fine, I will still be an adult, and can buy myself a Diet Coke."
Dyl," Well, when you are old, I am not going to take care of you. I will put you in a bad home with strangers."
He is only 4, but I totally believe him. I need to seriously suck up to Dawson.

Things didn't get much better this afternoon. We have all liked renting this house across from the new Diner, and enjoyed the people watching. Dave and I were in the kitchen, mass producing BLT's for dinner, when Dawson came in to report that Dyl was out on the trampoline, yelling to the bikers', "Sweet hog, Dude!" and then turning around and pulling his pants down, to moon them. I am glad that Dave could keep a straight face, for the discipline, because it's not funny. "It's NOT funny, Linsey!"

6 comments:

  1. That story is hysterical! I hope you write that one down for his baby book or scrapbook. There is no way I could have kept a straight face either! Love you Lins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sorry about the deleted comment. I was going to leave you my phone # but then the comment showed up right away. I will give you my email, and then could you erase it when you get it. tpurcell21@hotmail.com
    We got into Utah on Sunday! Things are super crazy right now. Our movers were way behind schedule and we still haven't gotten our stuff yet! I also won't get internet until next Thurs.
    Email me and I will call you. I would love to see you! Your boys are hilarious. I think Nathan would love them! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the biggest problems my husband & I have....he's trying to discipline and I'm laughing. At least someone is the parent in this relationship :)

    p.s. Your kids are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, i would have completely cracked up laughing, and then no discipline at all would have happened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hilarious! I love your boys...and cute Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, good to hear from you! Glad you like the blog. Where in Utah are you? cris.balmanno@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete