Wednesday, August 6, 2008





We have been in Virginia now for a couple of days, and my boys would be perfectly happy to just move in with my parents. They love their Grandpa Ranny,and Nana.
Today we took the kids to the National Zoo. There is a specific purse shop that I like to frequent in the District, that we hit before the zoo. I was disappointed to find the original dude was nowhere to be found, and that the spot had been taken over by a hard-ass Asian lady, who did not haggle. I have never left that shop without 5 or 6 fake designer purses, but today, I left empty handed. Dave was glad to hear the news however, since I usually give the purses away, or sell them for 50 cents at our annual garage sale. I really enjoy the haggling.
The zoo today was so stinking hot and humid. Even the indoor exhibits were hot. The boys were total troopers for the first part of the day, but Emma was a pain. She is so damn independent right now, and it drives me crazy. She has to do everything herself. I got no sympathy from my Dad today, who just likened Emma, to a story about her mother taking the scalpel and having to cut her own umbilical cord. That's only amusing when I'm not sweating profusely, and having an argument over who gets to push the stroller, with an 18 month old.
I distracted Emma with an enormous carton of chilled sugar,and got the boys each one as well. At some point, someone in our party told Dylan to keep his iced sugar out of the sun or it would melt. As we were walking, he stopped short at the end of the shade and let out a blood curdling scream. I hurried back to him, thinking he must have had a limb ripped from his body, but it was just the thought of going into the sun with his treat. He kept screaming " but, I'm not supposed to go in the sun!!" It was mildly entertaining to watch him run from patch to patch of shade for the next 45 minutes with his treat.
Overall, we all had a great time, and I know we will sleep good tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Linds I can't believe you are that daring to say something like that! What a classic line! I bet that lady felt like the biggest as* hole in the whole world after you said that. That's my new favorite story. SOrry about the DVD player, that totally blows. Hope you have fun on your trip. Virginia's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds...your family is darling. I'm jealous you are back there...it's probably almost getting to the perfect weather now! Love the stories! You are still just as funny as ever.

    ReplyDelete