Monday, December 8, 2008

Indirect Approach

This morning Dyl and I were headed into town, when to my pleasant surprise I saw flashing lights in my rear view mirror. I pulled over, got all my documents ready, rolled down the window, and assumed the position. Dylan realized what was happening and started to holler, "I smell bacon, I smell bacon!" That would be a total bad on my part, and have since educated my children on the appropriate way to alert me to possible law enforcement. When the cop walked up to my window, he was extremely nice, and joked with me about what a nice day it was. He asked me if I had ever had a ticket, I answered in the affirmative. He asked me when I had my ticket, and I said I didn't remember exactly, but it had been in the last year. He then asked me for just my license and proof of insurance, which was a good sign. He wanted to know if I had more that one ticket, and I said, "I don't think so." He smiled, and started to walk back to his car. I leaned out the window and said, "Officer, I might have had two this year."
After a very long time, he reappeared at my window, and gave me the official update, that I have actually had 3 speeding tickets in the last 6 months. I was a little surprised, and asked if that counted the one I was getting from him. He said that obviously I wasn't learning from the tickets, so he was going to try the "indirect approach" and give me a warning. I gave him a "God bless you," and crept along with the posted speed limit all day long. I think I have learned my lesson.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Linds you crack me up, so badly. I love that the Ensign makes you cry when on the crapper. I will have to bust it out of the plastic. Good luck with buying magic and booby traps, I can't wait to see what my kids come up with. I'll have to tell you what happened last year with my little brother and Santa. Kids are so unpredictable. And lastly, slow down will ya???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my....that is great! I love the indirect approach....there was this one cop who got me every time I drove through Heber...which use to be every day....seriously the cops in that valley are soooo ornery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Indirect approach is genius. They should all try that!
    *Crying on the crapper, classic.
    *Your home is gorgeous, you have great taste.

    ReplyDelete