Tuesday, December 16, 2008

We had to come home early from our little Christmas shopping trip due to Dylan having a terrible bout of croup. So today I headed to Wal-Mart to finish up a little shopping. I had Dyl and Emma with me, which is the perfect for Christmas shopping. I picked up a gift for Emma and let her play with it throughout the store, and she will still be surprised Christmas morning.
Dylan is a lot like me. Easily distracted, and doesn't care to know more about anything than he absolutely needs to. I bought several things for him while he was hanging on the side of the cart. A couple of times he asked me who the presents were for, and I just said, "a needy family." And then he was on to something else. He picked up a Cars tool box thing and really scrutinized it. He asked me to help him remember to write it down on his Christmas list, because he really liked it. I agreed then said, "Hey, look at that Santa." He looked and I stuffed the toy down into the cart. A little while later, he noticed the toy in the cart and asked me who it was for. I told him, the same needy family, and he looked at me funny. Finally he said, "Oh, they will really like that." I was glad to finish up the shopping, and was glad to know that he will still be surprised on Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment