Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lesson Learned

Ah, the Christmas season is upon us. I desperately want to have a heart warming December, and have been trying to come up with ways to show the boys the true meaning of Christmas. I must say that the December issue of the Ensign is especially touching. I swear, everytime I get off the crapper, I am crying. I hope this doesn't deter Emma from potty training, since the last several times she has come into the bathroom I am teary from reading Christmas stories.
Anyway, I have been meditating for inspiration on what I can do to help the boys get into the spirit of giving and looking for tangible opportunities to show them.
This afternoon, at the grocery store, we followed two elderly ladies out into the parking lot. They had two carts loaded high with groceries, so I pointed them out to Dawson, and to my excitement, he suggested we help them load their bags. I could already hear the Christmas Carols in my head, and got a warm feeling in my heart as we walked over to their car. The elderliest of the two women was already in the car, so we walked around to the other lady and offered to help her load her things. My warm feeling came to a screeching halt when she all but jabbed at us with her umbrella and said she could do it herself. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment