Monday, April 7, 2008

Are We There Yet?





Our drive to Vegas this morning was pretty hairy. It took me about 45 minutes to make it to Heber to pick up Jeff, and then over an hour to get to Provo, for Hannah. In my pre-trip planning, I going to be in Beaver at least, in the first 2 hours, especially since Dave wasn't going to be driving with us. He doesn't believe in the '10 miles over,' speed limit rule, that I follow.


We put Hannah in the back, to entertain the hoodlums, and she did a good job. She is a good sister to me, and endured a lot during those 7 hours. It is funny how car trips come in stages. The first hour, everyone is excited and talking, then it starts to quiet down, and you watch a movie, or listen to some music. The breaking point is probably different for every family, but about 2-3 hours into a trip with us, and we are at the threats/swearing/delirium stage.


Vegas was so nice when we finally got there. I had a hard time keeping the clothes on the boys as we raced up to our hotel room. We were all ready for the pool, and that is where we spent the rest of the day. It was beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having fun! It looks so nice and warm, wish I was there instead of Heber where it is freezing...

    ReplyDelete