Tuesday, April 29, 2008

E-mail update that my mom sent us in Mexico. Since we use blogger for journal purposes, I have included it.

So,Harleigh and me are like this now. She calls me Nanny, but maybe not with a capital n. She did her best to talk Dylan into a good attitude about his impending nap on the way home from school, but he saw right through it. Luckily, I had a surprise incentive up my nanny-sleeve, and the nap was a s-nap. I had called Shelly and made arrangements to go to her house and see any small animals she might have around. She only had big ones for the most part, but we saw chickens, petted the horse and Dawson even got a short bareback ride. Dyl wanted nothing to do with those infernal country animals at all, but I think the next time the Fitz's hire a hand, it will be Dawson. They had goats, cats, horses, sheep and sheepdogs, and one rumored big white thing that guards the property and all living things on it. I wasn't impressed, because I never saw it, but I think it is like Colonel Flagg on M*A*S*H--everywhere but nowhere. That's the point. She says he roams around the whole of the property and guards everything. We did see his leavings in with the big sheep--non-farm animal leg parts lying helter skelter in various stages of decomp. I think I'm with Dylan.
We followed up the red-neck activity with a trip to McDonald's and the play land which is no more. Emma didn't seem to mind. She wandered around with a basketball eating fries off the floor and taking drinks randomly from various cups. (gotcha) She put a whole hamburger away and a bunch of fries. I got her water though, so the whole meal wasn't bad for her. What kinda kids order the dinner salad with grilled chicken on the top ? What?!? Are you kidding' me? It's unnatural. That's what Daw and Dyl wanted so they split one. Made me feel right guilty about my quarter pounder with cheese and fries. We were sitting in the play land, and the noise was one decibel lower than A Freight Train A Comin'. so I hadn't heard the car alarm on the Tahoe. I did finally notice the blinking rear lights when I saw the crowd assembling to try and turn it off. That darn Emma--so sneaky--always trying to undermine my Nana-cool. I had fun for a while though--just far enough away to hit the panic button when people started to walk away, then turn it off again. Simple pleasures. . .
Jeff and Mall came down tonight to figure out why the lights in the garage won't come on, and why the garage door wouldn't go up. Simply a breaker issue said Jeff, and fixed it. I had to man my strong nana arms a couple of times today to get into and out of the garage. That sucker is latifreakin'da heavy, but not to worry--it's all fixed now, and I'll use a hotpad tonight... Hope you're having a great time. Love--nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment