Thursday, April 10, 2008

Circus Circus...Circus





Dave flew in to Vegas this morning and I was so glad to see him. Besides being an extra set of hands, to help wrangle the chitlins, he is my absolute best friend, and I miss him when we are not together. I love his guts, and we have so much fun together. Almost 10 years ago, we honeymooned in Vegas, and have since returned several times for quick weekends of gambling, food, and the stuff my children won't want to read about after I am dead. This weekend is a little different though, with the kids' tagging along, so we went from the airport, to Circus Circus.
We spent a good portion of the day riding rides and playing with the kids'. They had a great time, and we enjoyed spending time as a family. Emma was so funny on the carousel. She clicked her tongue, (horse noises) the whole time and thought it was so funny when she would see herself in the mirror. The boys' really liked the Pirate Ship, and the Sponge Bob ride. My parents took the kids' on some rides, so that Dave and I could hit the roller coaster, and other adult rides with my sibs. It was a good time.

We went to the Temple with Mall, tonight for her endowments. The Vegas Temple is beautiful, and about as far away from the Strip as possible. My Dad used his TomTom GPS to get us there. He has all these voices downloaded to give the directions and we had Al Pacino get us most of the way there, and then decided it was appropriate to have the voice of God, guide us in. When we pulled into the temple grounds it said " You have arrived my child." and we had. It was a very special evening, and I am glad she is going to be a part of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment