Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lake Church, is the Best Church.






Sunday morning we woke up and got everything unpacked and ready for a rockin' week. Amber and I took the kids' for a walk along the docks, while the men folk got the house boat in order. We passed a couple of people in suits and dresses, which I had never seen at the docks before. Dawson spent the morning saying how we really should have waited until after church to leave for Lake Powell, and how he was really going to miss going to Primary.

Eventually Dave and Kenny met up with us and we headed up to launch the ski boats. While we were waiting, a nicely dressed couple walked by us, and I inquired about there outfits. They said they were going to church in Ticaboo, about 5 miles away, and that it is only one hour long and everyone was welcome, no matter what they were wearing. OOOhhhhh.....

Dave came down and picked us up, and I mentioned that I had opened my big, fat, mouth, and there was an opportunity for us to go to church. After having a vision of my family dying in a fiery crash yesterday, I figured we ought to go. Everyone was really chomping to get on the lake, but Dave made an announcement to the boys, that we were headed to church instead for a few minutes. I started laughing so hard, when Dawson went into this weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, about how dumb church was. Dave and I kept reminding him about how disappointed he was this morning that his parents made him go to Lake Powell instead of church, and now they were just trying to make it right.

People were very friendly and didn't stare too much. I am thinking of transferring my records to the Ticaboo branch. I could totally get used to one hour church, where your boat is parked outside ready to hit the lake, and you don't even need to wear pantyhose. All I can say is, Amen! Can I get a hallelujah?

After church we hit the lake and found a sweet place to do some hiking, and lizard catching, and relaxing. The rest of the trip we were totally blessed with perfect skiing and boarding water. It was a great trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment