Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What Can't You Compare To A Short Bus?






This morning, I vacuumed my house! Yay! The Kirby Vacuum people stopped by my house for a demonstration a couple weeks ago, (Dave let them in, and I kicked them out) and vacuumed, AND shampooed my great room and stairs. I have let it go since then, secretly hoping they were still in the area and could demonstrate their super vacuum in my bedrooms as well. No such luck, and as Dave tells it, he doubts they would show their faces around here again, after I kindly asked them to get the hell out.

I promised the kids a picnic at the park, and since Dave was around, he was able to meet us for lunch. It is always nice to snuggle him in the middle of the day, and we had a great time watching the kids entertain themselves at the park. I must say it is so nice not to have baby babies anymore.

After lunch, I MapQuested us some directions for the Dinosaur Park in Ogden. I had to take Dawson out of school 20 minutes early, which I have done a couple of times this spring when I get the warm weather bug. He was irritated, but got over it pretty quickly when I told him where we were going.

I told the boys that it didn't look to far away, probably an hour, just outside the mouth of the canyon. By the time we were passing McKay Dee, and Weber State, Dawson piped up in the back, "APPARENTLY, not just outside the canyon." I told him that little boys should not say, apparently, and then I felt reassured about taking him out of school. If he can use apparently, correctly in a sentence, it should be okay if he misses the last few minutes of Kindergarten.

The Dinosaur Park was really fun. I ended up buying a season pass, so we could go back. My favorite part was the animated screens that show each dinosaur next to a short bus, to give you a size comparison. It probably says a lot about my maturity level, that I even think that is funny. Nicole, thought it was equally hysterical, and raised the ante by taking a picture of the huge piece of petrified dinosaur crap......Some people, sheesh!

We played for a couple of hours, and the kids were sad to go. We made it home just in time for me to drop the ornery little guys off to Dave, and pick up Brittany for a little dinner date at Baja. I am so glad to have a friend that I can go to dinner with, and even though she just lives up the street, the waitress still has to come back 3 or 4 times to see if we have even picked up our menus. We laughed and ate, my two favorite things. Today was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment